Dec 28, 2012

Beef & Broc Crockpot Shabang

I love the idea of a crock pot, slow cookin and after 8 hours good lookin too! While you're at work, so is your food, cooking away and ready for you when you get home. I think that's what we call a two for one people....orrr, let's go with it.

I recently made a beef and broccoli dish in the crockpot. It's super simple and easy, doesn't even take too many ingredients so it's perfect to whip up in the morning before work.

Ingredients//

  • 2 pounds of lean stewing beef (I got the frozen beef pre-cut into pieces for stews/casseroles)
  • 1.5 giant head of broccoli (technically, I'd call this a miniature tree, but then again that's probably just my love for trees)
  • 1 cup of beef stock (reduced sodium if possible- I use the cubes, pop em in some boiling water and they dissolve real quick!)
  • Dash of onion seasoning
  • 1 tsp of crushed garlic
  • 1/3 cup water
Optional add ins:
  • Chopped onion
  • Chopped celery
  • Sliced carrots
  • Any other seasonings you fancy
* The fun thing about crockpots is you really can't go wrong...come onnn just throw it all in why don't cha?

Directions//

  1. Cut up broccoli into mini heads
  2. Throw in all ingredients into the crockpot
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours
  4. Give it a stir when you get home from work
  5. Enjoy!
It looks strange, but I promise it's really good.


I threw mine on top of a spinach salad w/mushrooms


3 comments:

  1. thanks of linking up!! i'm so jealous of all you crockpot people... i literally have NO more room for one. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's necessary, make room! Nothing sweeter than coming home and dinner being BOOM done.

      Delete