Dec 6, 2012

Quick & Easy Almond Oat Protein Bars

There are a TON of recipes out for oat bars, so I loosely based it on other ones I've seen. I used what I had in the kitchen, hope you enjoy!

Ingredients//
  • 2 cups organic oats (Not the quick oats) 
  • 2 cups vanilla whey protein powder 
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon 
  • 1 mini grind of organic sea salt 
  • 3 egg whites 
  • 1/4 organic unsweetened almond milk 
  • Handful of chopped almonds 
  • 1 mashed banana (use that mushy one you have in your fruit bowl, yeah, we all have one) 

Directions//
  1. Stir together dry ingredients, mix in wet. 
  2. Bake in foil lined, greased 9x9 inch pan at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. 
  3. Remove from pan when slightly cool, score into bars. 
  4. Store in tightly sealed bag or container. 



Nutritional Facts for Protein Bars Serving Size: 1 (45 g) 
Servings Per Recipe: 24 Amount Per Serving 
Calories 151.9
Protein 6.7g
Total Fat 2.6g 
Saturated Fat .3g 
Cholesterol 2mg 
Sodium 13.3mg 
Total Carbohydrate 26.2g 
Dietary Fiber 3.7g 
Sugars 5.1g 

No comments:

Post a Comment