It's been a semi rough day to be honest, being this far away from my family this close to Christmas is getting to me a little...ok a lot. Have you heard of FOMO? (fear of missing out) Oh yes, I'm having major side effects of this the past few days. It's overcast, gloomy, windy, no sun, and for starters these types of days aren't the best in working with my mood.
Today's workout for LiveFit was chest, abs, & cardio::
I wasn't really feelin it this AM either, feeling tired. For me, being tired can sometimes mean a dangerous situation. Instead of resting when I most need it sometimes I do other things to combat the tiredness: over-eating, unhealthy food, feeling negative, down on myself...what's that PINK song? "Own Worst Enemy" or something? "Don't let me get me?" Yeah, let's not even talk about how I'm quoting PINK. Let's just sayyy I'm not the nicest person to myself.
We all have tough days like this, where we are unmotivated, and just would rather eat a whole bag of chips then actually do what your body needs. Sleep, water, healthy food, rest. Because the truth is...it's easier to just give in and mindlessly do things.
I was telling my boyfriend about how I was feeling:: really guilty about eating a lot of chocolate/unhealthy food, down and negative towards myself, generally just putting myself down in all kinds of ways. That little mean voice in my head was definitely getting the better of me, and "winning" at it too. Which made me feel even worse I was letting it win. I hope this is making sense to you guys and you can relate with this a little. My boyfriend told me to tell the mean voice to, "F-OFF." He had me say it out loud, and it really felt good. He repeated it a few times, and told me to too. It was hard to do for some reason, eventually he had me yell it. That felt even better.
I have to give him mad props today, he said something to me that really stuck, so I'll quote::
"This is the season to be merry, that includes eating merry too. To be joyful and enjoy ourselves, not to get down on ourselves. You work-hard, you play-hard, you are allowed to enjoy chocolate and lollies (kiwi term for candy) and not feel bad about them especially around this Christmas time."
I haven't always had the most healthy relationship with food in the past. I am so thankful I have a partner I can openly talk about how I feel sometimes and be 100% honest. It's not everyday I feel like this, but it's human and it happens. It's what we do in those situations that makes a difference, even if it is just talking with someone and getting it off your chest while telling that voice in your head to F-OFF out-loud.


No comments:
Post a Comment