Dec 1, 2012

A Ravtastic LiveFit Day 19, literally.

Yesterday for The LiveFit Program my day started with shoulders and abs. 
 
Last night, I definitely gave the rest of my body a workout at “Our House” electro music festival. You can believe me when I say my beat freak flag was hanging high flapping around for all kiwi’s to see. Were they ready? Not sure.

Beat freak, a term I now use to describe part of my personality. I can thank my friends over at Digital Penetration for that. Bonding over some good beats is always a sure to bring people of all kinds together. I’ve been anxiously waiting for festival season to start here, last night was definitely worth the wait. Bassnectar ended up being replaced my Datsik last minute, bummer cause I've been wanting to see Bassnectar for a while, I will need to keep my eyes pealed for that one.

The vibes we good, my fav part was Majaa Lazaaa by far. Most entertaining and crowd involvement. Not so mainstream either, after a while all of Calvin's songs literally sounded the same to me. He kicked off his set with Flashblack which got my attention immediately. They don't make em like they used to! 

The rave scene is a lot different to California's, NO ONE was wearing kandi except me...I was proud to rep that one for the states for sure. I didn't even wear all my kandi, so most of mine were personal fav's, majority made by my partner in crime, Bhab. One guy asked me if his hair tye counted as kandi, I said, "no." I told him, "That's a tool to pull that big ass perm of yours back when thing start heatin up!" He was happy with that answer.

 The infamous purple vest has had some great times at dance parties, so obviously it came to NZ w/me to make a worldwide appearance::
 
The selfie 'before show' photo was completely necessary. 
Jagaaaa bombs before Majaaa Lazaaa 
Met this fella on the walk to the venue
Calvin was at the first major dance festival we went to together in 2011 so it was sweet to see him together agian.
 2011, yep, the year he first dropped awooga.

No comments:

Post a Comment