The fun thing about traditions is that most of the time they are travel friendly, no matter what country you're in you can still celebrate them!
One tradition on all holidays for my family is having cinna.balls in the morning for breakfast. So that my friends is exactly what I'm making for Christmas morning. Roomies, you can thank me now or later, either way I'll take a bow, aaaa-thank-youu.
I got the dough recipe from Gracious Pantry, you can find the orig. here. It's for pizza butttt dough is dough so I'm sure it will be fine...? The tough is considered, 'clean dough,' however....nothing else really is...I did use raw sugar though instead of the classic white. Bonus points? Ah whatev's it's a traditionnn....and they are too good not to have every Christmas morning.
Ingredients//
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (All I had was whole wheat flour so I used that, normally when using this instead of pastry flour you need to add more liquid can absorb a lot more liquid than pastry flour.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 4 tsp. vital wheat gluten (didn't know what that way so didn't add it, should turn out alright...)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I didn't)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (*Not at the same time.)
- 2 tbsp butter (I used olive oil based butter...extra bonus points? Ok fine.)
- 1 cup raw suga (Estimate)
- 2 cups brown suga (Estimate, didn't measure out this or the sugaa)
- Icing sugar
Directions//
- Mix honey w/ warm water until honey is dissolved. Add the yeast and let it sit.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour bowl of honey/water/yeast into the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and blend again.
- Roll the dough into a ball, let it rise for 1 hr. (add in the final tbsp of olive oil so stickyness goes away, making it smooth and ready to rise baby rise!)
- Mix one part raw sugar and 2 parts brown sugar in another ball, go nuts.
- Spray pan with not-stick spray, whatever brand your fancy.
- Roll the dough into balls, get creative it can be any size balls (we all have difference preferences) so mix it up!
- Coat each ball in butter, then the raw sugar and brown sugar mixture.
- Place into sprayed pan (I used a random square pan, use a loaf bread dish:: you can see it now:: turn it over and all you see is a cinnamon loaf heavily mountain of goodness)
- Cook for about 20 min, start to really smell the cinna ball heaviness from the oven, annnd they are good to take out and admire.
- Make an icing:: icing sugar, tad bit of unsweetened almond milk until you have a light, thin icing mixture.
- Eat then in there!
Next Day//
- Keep over-night for easy morning heat-up
- Heat up cinna balls in microwave- zap icing...enjoy!
Do you have any traditions you love to do, traditions you would do no matter what! Even being in a different country. These kiwi's are going to be hooked.
Merry Christmas Eve!
Not going to lie, I did open two gifts from my families box they sent over. Including the giant peanut butter in there... tomorrow will be great.










lookin good my dear friend!
ReplyDelete