Jan 5, 2013

HAPPY NY! Legs. Challenges. Energy, OH MY.

Yo Yo Yo blog-world, I've missed you. You being...out there in the virtual world, still human but some I know and some I don't...all of ya I missed you and thank you for reading!

I trust you had a fabulous New Year's and have greeted the new year with a big fat hug for yourself because this is YOUR YEAR. I believe that at any time people can make positive changes to their lives to enhance their well-being and happiness, whether it be a new year or not.

But heyy being that it's a new year why not start now and make some positive changes? 
Are you on board? K cool. 
Welcome to 2013 good lookin!

As you can tell I'm amped to start my year off on a great note, excited to share some more clean eats, & fun workouts, and ready to kick it up a knotch or 20...

Today for my workout I did legs. Added a warmup and cool down as well.
Check out the workout below::


In a previous post I defined what a 'Drop Set' is. But hey we all have a lot on our minds so here's a refresher::



The new term in today's leg workout is called a 'GIANT Drop Set' and no, this has nothing to do with how tall you are. Thank goodness.


You can do as many lowering sets as you want from your starting 85% max effort start weight, but I'm going to keep my giant drop set to failure to three sets of lowered weight.

Let's touch more on the new year shall we...

I make a new set of goals for myself each month in order to keep things fresh, and relevant to what's going on in my life in that time. So as for 'New Year's Resolutions' I'm not going to be making any. The only main one I will keep in the forefront of my mind is to::

BE GOOD TO MYSELF. 
That can relate to any goal, any aspiration, anything in life in my opinion so let's keep that handy when we are going through our days okay?

K cool. 
(Hmmm seems to be a lot of agreeing in this post... 
guess we're off to a great first post of the year!)

I will do a separate post on my Jan. Goals so stay tuned for that, and of course, feel free to pinch anything you want from it to personalize it to fit your needs/wants.

I did want to make a mini note about 'New Year's Resolutions' though because for some this might be a great way to planning and setting the tone for their new year. Saying  Writing that I'd like to share a great article called, "It's The Little Things," I saw in a NZ mag on this topic. Check it out here. Click on the page and hit 'zoom' on the left-side panel to see the print larger. Download the PDF if you'd like to print it out. (Page 50 is the page you want to print) 

I liked the author's way of dividing the resolutions into small categories, making them easily obtainable. The Author's categories are: "Healthy Habits for the Mind, Healthy Habits for the Body, and Healthy Habits for the Soul." 

Mind, Body, Soul? Yep that's a human for ya!

For the next two weeks I will be detoxing my body from the massive amount of alcohol, and foods I've had over the past two vacational weeks. (vacational? go with it, it's so Jessness) 

I've been clean eating as much as possible but not as much as I would have liked, BUT that's all part of the 'being merry' season. See my post on indulging a bit, and enjoying the holiday's here. 

It's been really fun vacation:: camping was aweeesome (cheers to my boyfriend for setting that up) and the beach house with all the friends was a fabulous way to bring in the new year.

Stay tuned for a post on some of my vacation eats, this Wednesday for WIAW.

For January I will be joining up with The Starving Artist's January Challenge, email her at Barros0506@yahoo.com if you want to join. She is running The Challenge via her Instagram account and on her FB page. The challenge consists of little workout additions here and there to add on to your current workouts, hop on the bandwagon this positive train is taking off!


No comments:

Post a Comment