Jan 14, 2013

2wk Workout Sch. Bday's. BBQs. PICs galore.

I've hit the ground running pretty hard since being back from vacation. Because I'm so off on the days for Jamie Eason's 12-week LiveFit Trainer (fheew thats a long one!) I decided I'm going to start fresh on week 7 and 8. Beginning today I did the first day, day 43, for week 7. That way I can finish strong in these final weeks of Phase Two before moving on to the next phase.

I'm excited to start Phase Three! The workouts emphasize more on fat burning cardio than muscle building. Carb cycling is also introduced. I've read so much on carb cycling so I'm anxious to see how it effects my body. It's definitely going to take more meal planning but should be fun!

Here's what the next two weeks are going to look like workout wise::


I'm going to be taking a second rest day throughout these two weeks. So instead of doing the second leg day I'm going to make this a rest day. I want my rest days to be on Wednesday's so I'm going to move the shoulder's workouts to Thursday to make it work. Please go to this page to read Phase Two's information for this program.

You need to do what's good for you when signing up for programs! 
You know what's best for you!

The workouts I have been posting and will continue to until this program is completed have been created by Jamie Eason's from the bodybuilding.com. I will finish the program I'm determined.
(Yes, that was a mini disclaimer) 

Soon I will be making my own workouts, sets w/reps but for now this program is helping me slowly learn new technique, exercises, and vocab. I highly suggest you check it out if you are interested in getting involved with weight training. It's a great place to start!

I will do a review/recap for Phase Two like I did here for Phase One. 

During yesterday's workout I incorporated The Starving Artist's Fit For the Year challenge of the day. Burpees.... **insert law and order sound effect** You know, the one they play after commercial breaks.


From now on I will be referring to The Starving Artist's challenge as Fit for the Year Challenge. That way you can follow along and do them with me for the month. Check out an earlier post I wrote explaining where to go to join, find info on the daily challenges, and follow all the action here. You will see info on my No-Junk Jan. Challenge and the Whole Foods No-Crap Challenge I'm participating in as well. SO many fitness parties this month people, and you're invited to all of them, RSVP Y E S today! ...sometimes I pride myself on how corny I can actually get....

It was a great weekend, clean eating, no-junk (I did enjoy some vodka...and some whiskey)... All the roomies were back in town from our vacations away...my birthday is tomorrow, my roommate's was the 2nd of January...shoot we had a lot to celebrate about!

It was good fun, lots of laughs, and we even got all fancy and made some bacon-wrapped mussels on the BBQ::

Saturday BBQ:: 
bomb.
I had my burger bunless...something about that just sounds wrong.

 Delish Sunday dinner::
Salad w/BBQ shrimp 
Side of sweet potato w/Greek yogurt topped w/ cinnamon

Can you tell we are on a BBQ kick? It's summer! BBQing as much as possible is mandatory.
Okaaay I'll stop rubbing it in that it's summer over here....
maybe. 



It's been a marvelous Monday. Feeling accomplished and even went grocery shopping today! Ready to tackle this birthday week of mine. And hell ya it's a week-long celebration, should be all month...then again, I still am introducing my Jessness into this whole kiwi world slowly. Not sure if they're ready for the whole shabang!

Oh and over the weekend I got my hair did-- heeeeeey::

I'm back to blonde, back to 'having more fun', back to my roots.

Tomorrow is my day of birth, I will be gyming it in the AM for leg day. Nothin like some hardcore squats on your special day...wait...what? Check out the leg workout here.

Stoked for my birthday lunch at Mexico with my co-workers, the restaurant, not the location.
Sushi dinner planned with some friends, can't wait! I can hear it now...sake sake sake bomb.

Have a rad day, do something for you!
Even if it isn't your birthday!

2 comments:

  1. bacon wrapped mussels? I am drooling over here, i have never eve thought of something like that. have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU MUST TRY... I had about 5..protein babyyy haha

      Delete