Red Meat = Protein = Amino Acids = Good for building M U S C L E.


It's necessary.
Of course you can take protein supplements, but nothing is better than good healthy food to fuel your body. I think taking both can help in order to make sure your getting enough protein for the type of training you are doing. Heavy lifting especially. Without protein muscle doesn't grow. Black and white there folks, and not much in life is, so let's use this one to our advantage shall we?
We shall.
I'm going to state the obvious here but I feel I need to cause....well, it is a Monday....you can get protein from other sources other than meat. There are tons of ways, but I wanted to emphasize red meat as the option today. The last thing I need is a bunch of angry vegetarians flying over to NZ to beat me up with long celery sticks.
Here are a couple photos of my past dinners for some meat combo ideas::
- red meat
- sweet Potato Fries
- spinach salad w/ red bell pepper, mushroom, tomato
- topped with/Lisa's Original Hummus
- side of Greek yogurt as dipping sauce
- red meat
- corn on the cob: boiled
- spinach salad w/red bell pepper, tomato, mushroom, & red union
- yes that is A1 sauce you see, bought at my fav store:: Martha's Backyard, the American Store
Ingredients//
- sweet potato/yam/kumara whatever you call it in your country
- Cut potatos as thin (shoestring style) or as fat (steak fry style) as you want
- Roll them in some EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt those bad boys if you'd like...
- Roast for 25-30 min. on 350 degrees
- Half-way through shift them around to make sure all sides feel the heat!
- Enjoy!
My legs were definitely feeling like the jello shots I had on Saturday for the Bachelorette party....and I don't even like jello. That was for the bride to be though, anything for her! Can't wait for the wedding this Saturday!
Today's Fit For the Year Challenge was rough....but oh so good::
Hope your week is off to a marvelous start!





I have been actually digging yams lately, I do the same thing and make them into crispy yam fries. So delicious!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So delicious, and soo easy!!
DeleteLove that fit for the year workout! Anything with burpees in it is my favourite :)
ReplyDeleteThey are ROUGH, but def get the blood flow movin, check out The Starving Artist's Fit for the Year challenge's on Instagram to participate in some. They seem to be getting harder the later in the month we get...yikes!
DeleteWhat a great "Fit for the year challenge"!! Have a fabulous week.
ReplyDeleteYes they are awesome, love adding them on to my workouts! Check out The Starving Artist's Fit for the Year challenge's on Instagram to participate in some. :)
DeleteLOVE sweet potato fries! I need some in my life :)
ReplyDeleteHappy week girl!!!
Thanks! I could go for some right now, haha and it's 8am!! Thanks, you too!!
Delete