Jan 8, 2013

Stupid Easy Go-To Recipe: Cheese Fix!


I created this recipe a while ago when I desperately needed a cheese fix. I'm currently doing a No-Junk Jan. Challenge, find details here, so I probably will be holding back the cheese consumption for this month.

Ingredients //
  •  1 whole egg
  • coconut oil (for frying)
  • 2 egg whites
  • Silver of Avocado
  • 3 mushrooms (sliced)
  • Sriracha hot sauce  
  • 3 slivers of cheese- I use edam, healthiest choice available at my supermarket according to 'Good Health' mag I read this month in an article talking about the best cheese choices written by dietitians
  •  1/2 small yam (Boiled until soft, then mash)

Directions //
  1. Cook egg/egg whites in pan with a tad bit of coconut oil
  2. Throw in the mushrooms & tomatos
  3. Put the cheese in to melt
  4. Cook for about 10 minutes....you will know when it's done
  5. A few squirts of siracha
  6. Enjoy
It's almost stupid how easy it is....Eggs are a great go-to food, and pretty much go with anything. Add in different ingredients, whatever tickles your fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment