Jan 12, 2013

Come on and Stir it up...Chicken Stir-Fry

Yes, yes that was a Bob Marley reference in the title of this post. Big fan big fan...one of the only chill artists I listen to on a regular basis, him and of course John Mayer. Which by the way is dating Katie Perry? Whatev, his last album was okayyy definitely not as good as Room For Squares but I'm sure it's hard being John Mayer?? Let's cut him some slack? What am I saying... Katie Perry is ehh, I completely forgot her last name for a second and googled "baby you're a firework" to find it out, I meann Katie and John must have singing competitions all the time against each other. I don't what else they could possible want to do together?

Enough about them...on to a delicious and easy meal to make! Be aware brown rice takes about a day to cook, so make sure your not in one of those 'I'm frantic I'm so hungry' moods and you should be good.

Ingredients//
  • Frozen mixed veg- I use Watties 'Rainbow mix' It's got corn in it. Enough said.
  • Brown Rice- I use Sunrice medium grain
  • 1/2 head of broccoli- to add some more veggies to the mix 
  • 2 boneless/skinless chicken breast 
  • 3 mushrooms washed
  • EVOO
  • Some water
  • Reduced sodium soy sauce
Directions//
  1. Boil brown rice, I usually throw in a little EVOO so it doesn't stick to the bottom
  2. Cut up broccoli into single heads 
  3. Boil 1/2 head of broccoli
  4. After about 8-10 min. of boiling the broccoli throw in the rainbow mix & mushrooms and continue to boil
  5. Cut all the fat off the chicken then cut into squares
  6. Put a tad bit of EVOO & water into a big skillet, put cut pieces of chicken in and cook until there is no pink left (15 min or so?) I like mine kinda brown so cook it until you have it the way you want it.
  7. Once the chicken has browned, move veggies/brocolli fromt he pot into same pan as the chicken
  8. Continue to stir the veggie/rainbow mix until soft and cooked through, (poke with a fork to check) the water usually evaporates completely so that's a good way to gauge whether it's done or not.
  9. Stir around- until all is well mixed together
  10. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Yummy I love stir fried chicken on rice :) Looks goooooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was, always one of my go to meals :)

      Delete