Ingredients//
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa – then cook it - makes out to a little more than 2 cups cooked.
- 4 scoops protein powder
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk- I used anchor milk 'lite' because I didn't have any almond milk
- Pre-heat over to 325
- Cook quinoa according to directions below
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour into non-stick mini muffin tins
- Cook for about 30 minutes- mine took 28 minutes and that was almost too long
You can slightly under cook the grains for 8 - 10 minutes which gives a much nuttier and crunchy feel.
When it is subsequently added to other ingredients for a bit more cooking it is better to undercook it. In fact one method of cooking (shown below) includes no pre-cooking at all.
My batch made 18 mini muffins. Each individual quinoa protein muffin has:

** Nutritional value according to the ingredients I used.
This recipe has been modified from Monika's version over at Fit Foodies Healthy Life, you can find her recipe here. Monika's blog was one of my first clean eating fitness blogs I read, I highly suggest going over to her blog and checking it out!


I hae to say they look pretty! I am not a big fan of quinoa but people love it!
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried it on its own yet... it has an interesting taste, these mufins are good though def reccommend trying them!
Delete