In September I was feeling the winter blue's to say the least. (New Zealand’s winter is roughly June - October) I was feeling thick, feeling down, bored, lazy, and low on energy. Between the giant Monsters & Red Bulls each day it just wasn’t cutting it. I was also missing my family & friends. Missing something to focus my efforts on, goals to work towards, just to feel I am progressing in life. That might be the Capricorn in me…whatever it is, its necessary in my life. I required a Jessness change, to wake myself UP, and shake myself out of this funk.
I decided I would do some things differently:
1. I quit smoking cigarettes- expensive habit, (20 dollars a pack in NZ) especially when it does nothing but make you smell bad and always need a lighter. Not to mention the dozens of other negative health reasons, the main one being it's kills you. So, I registered with “Quitline,” seems intense I know, but I was determined! I have “quit” before in the past but have always trailed back to the vicious cycle of wanting one…buying a pack..then since I made the investment, smoking the entire thing…and round and round we go. Just like Focker’s circle of trust….tell me you’ve seen Meet The Parents. If not…leave.
2. I researched online for some motivation- my aunt has a fitness company Joy2BWell she is also a distributor for Advocare, this was a great place to start for me.
Advocare is great resource for people seeking products approved by Informed Choice for supplements and general health products. SOLD to the 5'1 kiwi-girl, with the help of my Aunt JoyceI was able to choose items to fit my goals to boost energy and start the journey to feel good about myself again.
3. I startedAdvocare’s 10-day cleanse, a product I highly recommend from Advocare, a great place to start if your not sure how or where to. (I will do a review in another post of this product)
I was feeling so good after that experience I continued on to complete the 24-day challenge through the Advocare network. They have online opportunities to connect with other people doing the challenge which helped keep me moving forward sticking to it.
You can check out the 24-day challenge here.




No comments:
Post a Comment