I feel like I have waited for two years for this warm weather. When I first came over to visit NZ last August it was winter, so I missed out on a summer month in California. Then, when I moved over last December, it was the..and I quote, "Worst summer NZ has ever had." It was rainy, and windy and let's just say all my summer dresses went back in the suitcase as soon as they were unpacked. I've never worn socks this many days in a row...in my life. BUT the hot ass California central valley will do that to you. Shout out to Modesto... But hey lots a rain = lots of greenery scenery, no complaints here.
I'm spending my New Years Eve in a 19 person beach-side cabin which means in little over a month I will be living in a bikini. This is something I want to be ready for, don't we all? Are we ever? Who knows? Luckily my days will be accompanied by champagne so after a couple life will be all chill and dandy but hey, "fail to plan, plan to fail," as they say. Ya..ya, they...you know, society? I don't know just go with it.
The Whai Beach House
Sooo last week I started Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer. It's a 12 week program, all available online at BodyBuilding.com and its FREE! I've done some researching and there are not many programs that offer free work-out plans, free food plans, and free video guides. That's a whole lotta awesomeness if you ask me. It's a three stage program, each phase being one month long.
In the first phase you do NO CARDIO, I know....weird. But being a little cardio bunny at the gym every time you go isn't doing anything for you. We are not hamsters, we are humans.
You need to keep your body guessing, changing it up so it doesn't know what hit it! Kinda like when your in a relationship....gotta keep things interesting or both parties will loose interest. Think of having that kind of relationship with your body. (Hmmm..as I grin) Changing your workouts is the only way you are going to start to see changes and improvements or else your body will become accustomed to the workouts and just _________________ flat-line and stay the same.
I felt a little strange not going to the treadmill or the elliptical with all the other woman, in the "girls only" area. But hey I'm giving this a try and I'm eager to see how it goes. It's fun to see the looks on all the big buff guy's faces when here I come bouncin in going for the weights. Those guys are too self consumed anyways so don't worry about them..do YO THANG!
There are a TON of people that have done the program and have had some fantastic experiences & results. I recommend googling the program and checking out the reviews you find. (side-note how is googling a "misspelled" word? Ugh MacBook get with it)
I'll be trying out some of Jamie's Recipes, and also posting on my progress throughout the program.
Have a jessness filled day!
jessness (n.) to view life as comedic material


No comments:
Post a Comment