Today's WIAW is all about what I ate for Easter festivities. And yes, it does involve granola, I'm not just being spastic and random....which like never happens.
My guy and I had a fun "Easter Egg Hunt" adventure over the weekend, you can check that out here, Some of the photos are from that day.
REPEATTTTTTT
no, let's call it an....encore.
You will also find a hoppin good mint green coconut pancake recipe. I just had to dye it mint cause...mints really in right now! (I'm just soo with it you know, trends and all) Besides mint green is so Easter.
We ate over on Waiheke Island for a nice lunch, and by nice I mean 20% surcharge due to the holiday so you better believe this was THE BEST SALAD I HAVE EVER HAD. And oh my was the wine GOOD.

greek salad (shout out to Chico State Greek Life!)
I'm not a huge fan of feta..hence most of it on the side...
Next up - a cafe downtown - coffee & macaroons ohh yeahh
the only place you can go and order an iced coffee and them get it is Starbucks.
always reliable.
cutie macaroons from a cutie cafe
mine was obviously...not the pink one...mocha flavor all the way!
Our Easter egg hunt lead us to a bar - "When beer beats chocolate..."
we are so adult.
April is all about recipes & trying new food so saddle up for..
'Recipe A-Day April'
Each day I'm going to post an eat-clean recipe. I have all kinds from dinner, to snacks, salad dressings, treats...everything so there is definitely going to be something in here for everyone. So don't be 'out' as Heidi Klum says on Project Runway - Grab the badge and in on the action! Post series deets here.
no chef's hat required.
Today's recipe is a granola breakfast parfait I enjoyed on Easter, title curiosity of
'Bring it On' (athankyou):
Ingredients//
- Lite Greek Yogurt
- Blueberries
- Toasted oats w/almonds, brazil nuts, coconut oil & almond butter - I will do a separate recipe post on how to make your own toasted granola
- Cinnamon
Directions//
- Layer the Greek yogurt on the bottom
- Top with granola - I'm kind od obsessed with granola....oatmeal, oats, so good so many options!
- Top granola with blueberries
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Enjoy that cutie (cutie must be the theme word of this post...cutie.)
Take that Starbucks yogurt parfait!! But I will take your iced coffee any day.
Rhyming anyone?
So, are you a fan of Starbucks? Parfaits?
What'd you gobble down for Easter?
(combining Thanksgiving and Easter anyone? WHY NOT)
Talk to me!
(combining Thanksgiving and Easter anyone? WHY NOT)
Talk to me!
be GOOD to YOURSELF,
Jess





GRANOLA!!! :)
ReplyDeleteand I have yet to try macaroons. They are so darn adorable.
They are almost so cute you could get away eating about 100 of them. My fav flavors are lemon, vanilla, and mocha - must trys!
DeleteHow cool! I can't wait to read more clean recipes!
ReplyDeleteYay, more coming up today! Glad you stopped by :)
DeleteWow, what pretty meals! I love it when I get a good salad. :-) Looking forward to more recipes!
ReplyDeleteThanks! The salad proportions here in NZ are perfect too - not HUGE. I don't wanna order a whole forest of plants people just a lunch! haha...I never order Greek Salad's but now I will more often it was really good....no feta next time though..
Deletecan you believe it I have never had a macaroon.
ReplyDeleteStarbucks sells them, you need to try them ASAP.
Delete