Until then I'll continue to make cookies...I know I've mention the wonderful Katie before, but she truly is a dessert-making queen in the blog world. Click on he underlined name to check out more dessert-goodness from her.
I saw this recipe on her site and I just had to
- 1 1/2 cups of chickpeas - I boiled some fresh and it took literally 2 hours, you can always buy them fresh & soak them for about 12-24 hours so they cook quicker or you can buy the organic (unsalted if available) canned version
- This definitely makes this a Strange But Good Entry, head over to Laura's blog here for more awesome strange recipes - Today's she has Hummus French Toast whaaaa
- 1 tbsp no salt no sugar added smooth PB
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 salt
- 3/4 brown sugar - I would had a little over 1/4 next time I use the recipe, it was quite brown sugar-y
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkles
Directions//
- Mash chickpeas - I used a fork, it was labor but...worked
- Melt nut butter/PB in microwave (15 secs)
- Work on the chickpeas until it's mashed hardcore
- Once mashed hardcore add in melted PB/nut butter, & brown sugar
- Add in rest of the ingredients: blending as you go
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put on to cookie tray or add into square dish
- Cook for 30-35 minutes
- Take cookies out, middle may still be soft - as it cools it will harden up
- Enjoy, and try not to eat half the pan like me...
Have you ever made a recipe with a secret ingredient?
What was it? Did people figure it out?
be GOOD to YOURSELF,
Jess




Oh my goodness, girl! These look amazing...I've heard of using chickpeas before but never really thought to do it till now. I have everything I need to make these so I do believe that will happen tonight or tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteIt's delicious, strange but oh so good! Let me know how it turns out - I'd love to see! (The sprinkles are non-negotiable)
DeleteI have tried chickpea blodies before and didn't like them. Clearly I need to try your version. I trust you... and anything with sprinkles. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!!!
:) That means a lot you trusting me.....when in doubt, throw some sprinkles on it...drowned the recipe in em and they will be good.
Delete