Apr 6, 2013

berrylicious baby-cakes

Ingredients//

  • 1 cup oat flour
  • 2 pinches of salt
  • 1 1/2 vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup lite greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp flax fibre
  • assorted mixed berries - I used blueberries & rasberries
Directions//
  1. Add dry ingredients to a big bowl
  2. Mix well
  3. Add in wet ingredients, and mix well
  4. Cook on 325 degrees for 13-14 minutes
  5. They will appear a little doughy, it's dough-ally alright.
  6. After letting them cool for 15 minutes - spoon out the top centers
  7. Spoon in the mixed berries to the tops of the baby-cakes
  8. Enjoy!
Makes 14 baby-cakes
Calories per serving: 42
protein: 2g
carbs: 6g
fat: 1g

Berries makes everything taste good let's be real, can't beat that extra color it adds too.
artistic.

be GOOD to YOURSELF,
Jess


2 comments:

  1. I saw you refer to these as "baby-cakes," but having just stumbled upon your blog for the first time, I am not sure if that is in reference to the Babycakes Cupcake Maker or simply their "baby" size in comparison to, well, "normal" sized cakes... but if it the latter and you do not have any experience using the Babycakes Cupcake Maker, I would HIGHLY recommend it! I use it so often, it rarely leaves my countertop! I am really excited to try this recipe in it, actually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiiit babycakes cupcake maker? I need to investigate this. I used mini muffin silicone thing - the cupcake maker sounds more fun! I'd love to see one of your creations, email me a photo :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete