Feb 8, 2013

Cauliflower Mash-Potatoes & Crispy Breaded Potatoes

Two versions of dinners here...welcome to my life. Most of the time my boyfriend and I will share the veggie//salad, sometimes protein item, and most of the time our carb item is totally different. That's one way to 'keep em on their toes' I guess! That and of course our accents...slang words....lots is different between us but it's awesome. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

pause for the...
**awwww**

Yes that's me assuming you even are thinking **awwww** but hey that's the joy of blogging, I took a chance there...

Here are two versions of carbs you can have with your dinners::

Cauliflower Mash-Potatoes 

Whenever the giant head's of cauliflower are on sale, I buy it and make a big batch of this. Good for lunches, and easy side's for din! It may sound strange, but I promise it's good!



This recipe is also known as cauliflower rice:: instead of mashing, shred with a fork, just a change in consistency that's all. Add in greek yogurt, salt//pepper, or chives for some added flavor!

Directions//
  1. Skin & wash potatoes
  2.  Cut into small pieces
  3. Boil them:: 20-25 minutes until they are soft
  4. Drain water ad keep them in the pot
  5. Add wholewheat flour into the pot and shake all around holding the lid on top tightly so it doesn't spill everywhere
    1. The other option is to put them in a big zip-lock bag, put the flour in that and shake around (no-spill proof for sure...holler zip-lock)
  6.  Place into canola sprayed pan (I use the tin-foil for easy clean-up...**lazy**)
  7. Lather the potatoes with extra virgin olive oil
  8. Add salt//pepper, can even add garlic powder if you're feelin frisky!
  9. Let them roast/broil (what is the correct term?) for about 30 minutes
  10. Flip them over half way through
  11. BOOM Crispy Breaded Potatoes!
  12. Enjoy :)
Do you make multiple kinds of dinner at night? 
What tips & tricks do you use for this kind of thing?



Let's connect:

4 comments:

  1. I am hoping cauliflower is on sale this week so I can try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex you must try it, let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try out cauli mashed potatoes... I can't stand potatoes but I do love my cauliflower! :)

    ReplyDelete