Grandma & I @ my college graduation party
Love you Gpa Dan
Today's recipe has been one of my favorites I've created so far. It's easy, delish, and super good to grab for breakfast or even a healthy clean snack.
Ingredients//
- 1 1/2 cooked quinoa
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves
Directions//
- Cook the quinoa - 1 part quinoa/ 2 parts water - I use a little EVOO in there to make sure it doesn't stick, can't go wrong with a healthy fat either!
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the bell pepper up into fine peices
- Crack eggs - separate the 4 from the yolk & the whole one into a large bowl
- Add in the pepper to the eggs
- Add in the spinach leaves into the bowl
- Mix around
- Once the quinoa is finished, drain, rinse, and add into the bowl
- Spray mini muffin tin with canola oil before spooning in the mixture to the dish
- Spoon the mixture into the mini muffin tin
- Cook in the oven for 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, checking half way through
- Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts*
My batch made 12 mini muffins
Per serving:
Calories: 44
Carbs: 6
Fat: 1
Protein: 3
Sugar: 1
*Nutrition facts based on ingredients I used.
I ate mine with a piece of bread & sirracha drizzled::
Let's connect:



Sorry about your Grandpa. He sounds like a very special person! I can see why he was so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteThe recipe sounds great. Never thought to put quinoa in something like that.
Thanks Carli, you should definitely try it, I froze some of mine for an easy breakfast to heat up later on too!
DeleteThey look yummy that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteI definitely pinned your recipe for RECIPE FRIDAY - yummm. Thanks for hosting the linkup :)
Delete