Mar 13, 2013

everyday clean eating lunch ideas

Back on the WIAW train - yeehaw! I know my last post was pretty serious, and now this one...well, isn't but hey this is the roller coaster of life people. Have you bough your tickets? Does this ride come with a complimentary jar of peanut butter? If only...

This month's What I Ate Wednesday' 'Go's Green.' Makes sense! St. Patty's Day. I've recently created some really good recipes, the kitchen lab coat has been in full effect. TWO of them incorporate green, check out the end of this post for links to those. 
 My goal each day is try to eat about 4-5 servings of green everyday. I usually make whatever main dish I'm having at dinner into a salad. So if I'm having salsa chicken (recipe to come soon - geez recipes galore huh?), crockpot beef, stir-fry, spagettic meat mix, etc. I throw whatever main prxfotein source I'm having on top of a bed of lettuce. It keeps salads interesting so I don't get bored. Plus, you always get to have a new kind of dressing - depending on the flavor of the dish for that night.
Today I wanted to share some Rock Yo Socks Lunchboxes (link) I've been having lately. I'm doing a bit of a reboot in my meals. I've finished Jamie Eason's 12-week LiveFit Trainer! **raising the roof** A big review is coming to a YouTube video near you, soon. some of my review will definitely touch on the food guide given in the program along with program layout, pros/cons all that jazz.

Jessness Required

Are you new to Rock Yo Sock Lunchboxes? 
No worries! 

Rock Yo Lunch Lunchboxes defined - Food you take with you throughout your day for school, work, errands, etc. to help keep on track for eating clean.

You will notice the lunchboxes gradually get smaller in portions. I'm doing this because I'm listening to my body. Before I was eating when I wasn't necessarily hungry, but sticking to the 5 meal food guide laid out in the LiveFit Trainer. Some lunchboxes include my breakfast too, let's call that a bonus.






What are some helpful ways you Go Green with your meals?

Here are some green recipe ideas:




Let's connect:

10 comments:

  1. It's the best way to listen to what your body needs . I am guilty of often forcing myself to eat lunch when I don't feel hungry rather than waiting until I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch is always one you have to be careful of, especially when you're working and you have to take lunch at a certain time. No one wants to give that up! Thanks for stopping by Paige.

      Delete
  2. My favorite way to Go Green is to include peas and zucchini with my meals. Love them! And sometimes I'm guilty of eating too much at one sitting. I feel much better with smaller, more spaced out meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm LOVE zucchini, you should try my zucchini bread recipe: http://www.jessnessrequired.com/2013/03/clean-almond-zucchini-bread.html It's super good, I don't use much sugar so if you like things sweet be sure to add a few more packets of natural sweetener, or even honey... It can be hard to plan out small meals, and takes some time to put together but once it's in your "routine" it gets easier I think. Thanks for stopping by JessnessR.

      Delete
  3. Loving that avocado!! It is definitely one of the best green foods to eat :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessed with it...That one was too perfect not to take a photo of too - no brown spots, just the right mushyness ohh yaaa..checking the fridge now to see if I have any for today... ;)

      Delete
  4. Lots of good looking eats! And I love your photo collages - so cute! What program do you use to make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Olivia, thanks! I use a few diff ones but I really love frame magic! (allows you to select more than one photo for collages at a time and for a girl on the go, that is FOR ME.) Another good one is Pic Jointer for adding solid colored frames.

      Delete
  5. I have a long way to go before I pack all my meals like that, and hello add in 3 kids, and I'm crazy lady, lol... That is probably the HARDEST part of trying to eat clean by far for me. Eating on the run, especially in the afternoons with the kids. Usually around dinner time, it's almost impossible to not get tempted to just go pick up some food.

    I love all the visuals you give. You did good girl!!

    BTW,, not post related but how did you get all your pinterest pics on the sidebar like that. LOVE pinterest btw, and totally following you now :) .... (bellab4andafter)

    So glad I stopped by! Have a great day girl :)
    P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I've started a 40 day challenge to get HEALTHY by my birthday. If you get a chance to check it out, I could sure use the support!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    Bella's 40 Day Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 Kids...that is a FULL TIME JOB I high five you for that one! I find my crockpot is perfect for busy weeks - makes a lot, you can save some in the freezer for easy go-to meals for dinners & lunches. Having healthy snacks around always helps too cause when I'm hungry seriously people need to LOOK OUT.

      Thanks for the nice words, glad you like it! :) Stoked for you 40 Day Challenge, I will def check that out and welcome back to the blogging world.

      The pinterest side bar is created on pinterest in their "widgets" section. Google that and you will find a link, YouTube always has tutorials on "how-to" blog related stuff too.

      Have a great one Bella!

      Delete