As we all know, when you move to a new place from another things are
bound to be different and change from what you’re used to.
Am I right…..or am I right?
AM I?
Okay okaayy…I'm right. Got it.
(Yes I often have conversations with myself, nothing new here **past roommates nodding their heads**)
(Yes I often have conversations with myself, nothing new here **past roommates nodding their heads**)
I compiled a list of things that have changed for me.
THAT for THIS
THAT referring to things I had in CA &
THIS for the subsequent thing I
have now, here in NZ.
J-walking being a crime—not to mention you could probably die doing it in
a big city (People do not care, get the hell out of their way)
for
People J-walking ALL THE TIME. Crossing whenever they want,
standing n the middle of the street waiting to cross the second half of the
street-moms w strollers, old people, kids, teens on skates, I'm talking all
people.
Drying Machine
for
Drying rack
(Yes, manually hang-drying clothing/towels everything)
SF
for
Auckland city. Now don't all yell at once guys, I'm not saying they are
the same city or that Auckland even comes close to my love for sf bums, the
vast amount of free music shows, up and coming artists, or Starbuck’s on every
corner, (although there are 3 in downtown Auckland which yes, I automatically
felt connected to. Not to mention the fact they don’t sell iced coffee like we
do **pause for gasp from the readers**)
but it is kind of a mini SF.
Very arty, people movin and grooving. I'm
determined to explore the music seen. There is this area called Ponsonby which
is known to be where the "art and gays live" (yes that's a direct
quote from someone.) The word gay is used pretty freely here. Remember in
middle school when we would describe things as being, “gay”...I know what
you’re thinking, what the hell does that even mean, but anyways...it’s used here still
in that context. Not by ALL, but I've heard it quick a bit. That's part of where the whole 10 years behind thing comes
from. Language counts! (Right Kelsey? ...had to)
Flat straight sidewalks, straight freeways or should I say,
"motorways"
for
Curvy, twisting roads. Most all in the country-side are like that road
you take to Santa Cruz. Oh you get car sick? Suck it up, and don't read your
book.
2005 charcoal grey Jetta (His name is "Mouse")
side note: Take care of him SYDNEY!
for
MAXX Bus. Every bus every 15 min or less. Step right up people! Bus
passes, bus hopper cards, or even pay as you go payment options. Options to fit
every budget! (Anyone want to hire me in sales?)
Blackberry Bold
for
A fancy brand new pay as you go LG- oh yeah remember that super fun T9
text? So flash, so high-tech. (annnd somehow we are back to talking about
memories from middle school)
Mostly good times so I can't complain.
Mexican food
for
Indian food. The only Mexican restaurant I know of at the moment is MexiCali Fresh, which is owned by an American, we are everywhere.
Can you picture more of my life here in NZ? I hope so, I’m enjoying
everything so far, especially now having internet its GREAT to be connected to
the outside world.
Missing you all
tremendously!
RED WHITE & BLUE all the way!