Sep 20, 2011

From a Crutches Point of View

I just recently had knee surgery for the second time.
The first time was 4 years ago right before I left for college at Chico State. 
(shout out  shout out  shout out to all my friends yes yes)
Besides the fact my life went from being busy 100% of the time to having absolutely nothing to do on the couch but let my knee heel, I desperately needed some new tasks to work on.

And then, it hit me...


Physical therapy.
You love it, and you hate it.
Kinda like your first in-love relationship, happy it happened, but happy it's over.

Now that I am on my third week of going, I'm starting to see a pattern of the same people. Makes sense: same people, same days & times each week. Everyone is in one big room with a bunch of different equipment, so yes, you can see everyone.
These people I'd like to call characters in the comedic world of Jess.

Lets go through some of the characters shall we:
1. Fire Head Artist- Her hair, or should I say her head, is on fire. I'm talking bright box-died red people. I say artist loosely because she wears very colorful things and has really trendy glasses and those are two major signs that she IS an artist, and a talking talking talking artist at that! I had an initial connection to her because her bag read "Fox River Paper Co." That was my first ever soccer team's name. Ya, when your from Modesto and play soccer in a small town of Ripon, their league just names its teams by whatever their sponsor is. Cute small town support or lazy? I'll let you decide.

2. Purple Lady- All she wears is purple. She smiles at me like she knows my soul, so creepy. And always uses one of those half smiles with no teeth with her head to one side when she looks at you. I think she may be a librarian.

3. Chunky Checker w/Child- This chick...I don't what her deal is. All I know is her body is 100 pounds heavier on top than on her legs, and NO she's not there for physical therapy on her legs. You would think RIGHT! The PT was massaging her back. There was an awkward moment of eye contact and we were right across from each other so I decided to ask, Is it your back hurt, or your shoulder? She explained it was her back and that her whole arm locked up one day. Ya girl probably from lack of MOVEMENT! She asked about me, I went on and told her how all the down time after knee surgery was the killer for me. She told me how she wasn't bored at all with her 8 year old son running all around. I wondered if she just watched him run all around rather than actually ran with him. I tried not to laugh in front of her picturing it in my head. She went on to tell me we wasn't working at the time, work just wouldn't let her, being a checker must require some new tasks I'm not aware of...

4. Mute Man- This guy doesn't say a word, to anyone! Pretty positive he doesn't know any English...he brings his wife with him to each apt. She's not much of a talker either...wonder how they got together, probably enjoyed each others silence?? Who knows. That's kind of like watching a couple out to eat that aren't talking what so ever, its like...do youuu like each other or no? Actually, wait, do you two even know each other? Anyways, this couple is just there to do there exercises and bounce. Unlike chatty artist ginger who won't stop talking...can someone get me a fire extinguisher around here??


Stay Tuned for more PT Episodes to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment